CNC Machine Operator – Amico Corporation
Richmond Hill, ON
Would you like to work for a global company that is dedicated to personal career growth? Amico Group of Companies is a leading manufacturer of Medical Equipment and Architectural Products with 9 manufacturing facilities employing over 1100 people across North America.
Our company is looking for a CNC Machinist who can run a variety of CNC machines and help to enhance the productivity of our organization.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings, blueprints, charts and tables or study sample parts to determine machining operation to be performed, and plan best sequence of operations
- Compute dimensions and tolerances and measure and lay out work pieces
- Set up, operate and maintain a variety of machine tools including computer numerically controlled (CNC) tools to perform precision, non-repetitive machining operations such as sawing, turning, milling, boring, planning, drilling, precision grinding and other operations
- Verify dimensions of products for accuracy and conformance to specifications using precision measuring instruments
- Set up and program machine tools for use by machining tool operators.
- Verify dimensions of machined parts or tooling using micrometers, Vernier calipers, height gauges, optical comparators, co-ordinate measuring machines (CMM) or other specialized measuring instruments
- High school diploma or vocational equivalent
- Previous experience operating CNC machines is an asset
- Working knowledge of production processes using a variety of materials that may include high density poly-ethylene (Plastics), steel, stainless steel, aluminum and wood.
- Ability to work cohesively with employees and managers as part of a team
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure with simultaneous deadlines
- Understanding different tools, feed and speed, for various materials
For more information, visit us at www.amico.com.
*Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Additional Job Postings