Material Planning Team Leader - Amico Corporation
Richmond Hill, ON
The main function of the role is to provide Leadership to the Materials Team, making sure that the Team is functioning according to their defined roles and expectations and provide guidance and direction as appropriate. This takes a coordinating lead, working closely with internal and external stakeholders, to ensure supply and delivery of materials are in place to satisfy production requirements.
- Provide leadership to the Planners, providing direction and guidance as appropriate and in line with business objectives.
- Liaise with different Departments to attain production goals.
- Understand the materials and services within the business to develop a supply plan to achieve targeted dates.
- Supports project scheduling activities to resolve any scheduling issues.
- Review and interpret bills of material construction & analyze changing material demand patterns.
- Resolves material issues and notifies affected stakeholders.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date database of materials purchased and planned.
- Ensure that the material master is accurate and perform audits of it as appropriate.
- Review sales forecast with management team on a monthly basis, and suggest modifications consistent with knowledge of current or historical demand.
- Supports continuous improvement activities and make recommendations as appropriate.
- Understand the production schedule and coordinate with Production, Engineering, Purchasing and Quality Teams to attain production goals.
- Supervise and Train new and current Material Planners.
- Maintain the Inventory Accuracy of materials in the area of responsibility – Cycle Counts are performed as scheduled, Material Master is updated based on changing demands, BOMs/Phantom BOMs are maintained and updated.
- Handle the Field Problems/After Sales issues related to materials – Back Orders, Shipping of Loose Parts, Orders for Raw Materials.
- Handle the Quality Issues related to materials.
- Ownership of sustaining and improving current processes and systems in accordance with long-term objectives.
- COGI REPORT
- BOM VARIANCE MONITORING
- COST/MARGIN MONITORING
- CUSTOM PARTS (ZCBS) INVENTORY MANAGEMENT
- CYCLE COUNT/INVENTORY ADJUSTMENT REPORT
- MATERIAL PLANNING REPORT
- MATERIAL STATUS
- MONTHLY KPI REPORTS – Sales, Material Consumption/Purchases, Inventory, After Sales..
- Reports are submitted as scheduled.
- Back-ups are properly trained.
- Inventory accuracy standard is maintained and cycle count schedules are followed.
- Headwall BOMs and Phantom BOMs are updated regularly to reflect changes and improvements in the company’s operation.
- Degree in business, logistics, inventory management, or a related field is preferred, but not required.
- Experiences Working with SAP is Preferred
- 2+ years of experience in material planning, inventory management, production scheduling, or a related position.
- Above average ability in Excel
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to create and understand reports in order to make production decisions.
- Exceptional attention to detail and good command of the English language (read, write, speak) with respect to understanding and following all verbal and written instructions;
- Ability to work independently and harmoniously within a team environment;
- Well organized, proactive and positive approach in the work place;
- Evidence of excellent communication and interpersonal skills at all levels.
*Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Additional Job Postings