Mechanical Designer - Amico Accessories
Richmond Hill, ON
Would you like to work for a global company that is dedicated to personal career growth? Amico Corporation is a leading manufacturer of Medical Equipment with 8 manufacturing facilities employing over 800 people across North America.
We offer many opportunities for advancement within the Amico Group of Companies, along with a comprehensive benefit package, employer paid vacation, management approved tuition reimbursement and an employee referral program.
- Design, develop, build, test and deliver medical accessories and products.
- Design solutions with testing, manufacturability and service in mind (DFx) with strong attention to detail.
- Analyze and understand applicable codes, standards and regulations to ensure compliance. e.g. IEC 60601.
- Lead the full product development cycle from concept to production and close on schedule with complete documentation.
- Create requirement documents, risk assessments, engineering drawings, manuals, instructions, test plans and other documentation as per product need.
- Build and test prototype/production parts as per product need.
- Support production, quality and purchasing on reviews, transition, problem-solving and process improvement.
- Able to engage with vendors to resolve issues in design, functionality and manufacturability.
- Work closely with sales and customer care to understand customer needs and requests.
- Boost the collaborative and team environment across the company.
- Diploma or Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechatronics Engineering Technology.
- 3+ years of proven working experience in Mechanical product or machine design.
- 3+ years experience in Solidworks and application of GD&T and ASME Y 14.5.
- 3+ years experience in working with engineering drawings, bill of material, engineering documents, design release and change control processes.
- Experience in designing parts for a variety of fabrication techniques (CNC Machining, Sheet Metal Forming, Metal Casting, Plastic Molding, 3D printing).
- Understanding of engineering and statistical calculations and problem-solving approaches.
- Understanding of quality insection tools and processes and fundametans of statistical rocess control (SPC).
- Quick learner with strong verbal/written communications skills.
- Working knowledge of MS Office suit, ERP and project management tools.
- Self-started with a hands-on approach.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet established deadlines.
Nice to have
- Solidworks certification (CSWP).
- Professional engineer licence (P.Eng.) or eligible for it.
- Experience with DFSS, 8D and FEA analysis.
- Experience with consumer and medical product design.
- Fast-Paced Environment
- Problem solving
- Strong attention to details
- Full time permanent position
- Partial work from home option
*Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Additional Job Postings