CAD Technician – Amico Clinical Solutions
Richmond Hill, ON
We are a leading manufacturer of Medical Equipment with 9 manufacturing facilities employing over 900 people across North America. Amico is dedicated to developing and manufacturing the most advanced medical equipment for the global Health Care Industry.
Our mission is to provide state-of-the art products that facilitate the caregiver’s role in providing the best outcomes for patients. Amico Corporation is a manufacturer and markets a broad range of products for virtually every department in the health care facility.
We are seeking a qualified CAD technician to design and develop according to the needs of customer and code requirements. This individual will have a passion to learn our innovative products and apply his/her knowledge to design hospital rooms.
As part of the Project Services team, the CAD technician performs a variety of design/drafting activities group including preparing/updating drawings for projects, preparing assembly/manufacturing drawings, and establishing guidelines and procedures for CAD data management. Other duties to be performed as assigned.
- Post-Secondary Education or Associate’s degree or completion of a technical trade school in CAD, drafting or related field
- Experience using AutoCAD 2D design Software (required)
- Experience using SolidWorks 3D Software (required)
- Experience using Revit 3D Software (required)
- Proficient in 2D Modeling Software
- Experienced at creating technical drawings and assembly instructions
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare dimensional drawings for medical equipment to be installed in a hospital or clinic center setting
- Revise and update existing drawings reflecting design changes for manufacturing / assembly floor to ensure consistent documentation of the project
- Confidence in 2D/3D drawing production in AutoCAD and Revit
- Experience in 3D drawing production in SolidWorks
- Work with the project from conceptual and preliminary stages of design through to completion
- Assist with design checks for other engineers’ work (portions of projects)
- Ensure construction plans, drawings and specs meet guidelines and specifications of codes and other regulations
- Review shop drawings
- Ability to think abstractly and solve problems creatively
- The CAD Technician must be able to concentrate for extended periods of time paying close attention to detail
- Working knowledge of design, engineering and production
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
For more information, please visit us at www.amico.com
This is an entry level position.
*Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Additional Job Postings