Mechanical Designer – Amico Clinical Solutions
Richmond Hill, ON
We are a leading manufacturer of Medical Equipment with 9 manufacturing facilities employing over 900 people across North America. Amico is dedicated to developing and manufacturing the most advanced medical equipment for the global Health Care Industry.
The Mechanical Designer will be a part of the product development team of engineers and designers to work on new product developments and product improvement initiatives.
The Mechanical Designer will be required to apply practical knowledge, typically obtained through advanced education and work experience, to one or more of the following under general supervision:
- Design new parts or assemblies for use in new or current products
- Create 3D part files, manufacturing drawings and assembly drawings
- Improve the design of existing parts to improve manufacturability, reliability or reduce cost where required
- Conduct tolerance stack-up analysis of designs
- Conduct a failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA) of designs and processes as part of risk management
- Create and maintain technical/regulatory documentation (design master records & design history files) for new products and design changes
- Develop verification & validation plans and conduct product verification/validation testing
- Participate in design reviews for new parts and products when required
- Build and test prototypes to ensure all essential design requirements are met
- Identify, analyze, and correct product, manufacturing, or process issues
- Interface with customers, suppliers, and other teams
- Assist in with any other duties as required by the Engineering Manager
- Able to troubleshoot and handle difficult but typically not complex problems
- Able to influence other engineers/developers through an explanation of facts, policies, and practices to achieve project goals
- Holds oneself accountable for project goals
- Self-motivated and have a hands-on approach
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Able to work independently within in a collaborative multi-disciplinary team environment with limited supervision.
- Able to effectively manage multiple priorities and meet established deadlines; results-focus
- Sound decision making and judgment capabilities
- Able to adapt to changes quickly in a fast-pace work environment
Education & Experience Requirements
- University Degree in Mechanical Engineering, P.Eng. status is an asset
- 3-4 years of proven working experience in mechanical design, preferably in the area of medical device manufacturing or instrumentation
- Proven experience in designing mechanical components or assemblies from concept to manufacturing
- Proficient in 3D solid modeling CAD (preferably SolidWorks 2017 or above) and detailing.
- Good understanding of the design process an asset
- Exposure to ISO quality systems (ISO 9001 or ISO 13485) and manufacturing environment an asset
- Working knowledge of drafting standards and GD&T an asset
- Working knowledge of plastic injection moulding an asset
- Working knowledge of jig & fixture design an asset
- Basic understanding of electronics an asset
For more information, please visit us at www.amico.com
*Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Additional Job Postings