Position: IT Project Assistant
Location: Onsite in Richmond Hill, ON
The Amico group of companies is looking to fill the on-site role of IT Project Assistant. To join our growing team, please review the list of responsibilities and qualifications below. We look forward to reviewing your resume.
About the role
This position offers an exciting opportunity for someone looking to advance to the role of a Project Manager. Reporting to the IT Software Manager, the job involves playing a crucial role in providing project management services and supporting the delivery of the IT Portfolio and various IT projects. The responsibilities include assisting in the management of multiple IT projects to ensure tasks and milestones are met on time, within budget, and at the required quality. Additionally, the role involves providing support for business changes in 3rd party projects, including communication planning, User Acceptance Testing, and change implementation. The job requires the use of project management methodologies, approaches, and tools to facilitate the successful delivery of technical changes and addressing any problems, issues, or risks that may arise during the delivery process.
- Handling administrative tasks that require support in any part of ongoing projects promptly and developing potential opportunities associated with incoming project inquiries
- Monitoring project progress and reporting project status day-to-day to ensure that every agenda aligns with schedules and adheres to all deliverables promptly
- Following up with both internal and external stakeholders to obtain project/task updates and maintaining a follow-up schedule for additional information
- Facilitating communication between the Project Manager and stakeholders throughout the project life cycle and being responsible for documenting meeting minutes and action items
- Assessing any issues and related risks that may arise during the project and providing recommendations (short or long-term) for possible action plans based on ongoing reviews, to be shared with key stakeholders
- Collecting any project-relevant documents/data and managing them as directed
- Analyzing/interpreting/visualizing collected data/information and reporting on findings to the interested stakeholders
- Building relationships with multiple teams
- Maintaining a positive attitude while in a fast-paced environment and staying in a get-it-done mindset when facing unexpected challenges/problems.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working as an IT Project Assistant, including expertise in project management methodology, project life cycle, and prior experience in managing project delivery
- Strong organizational and time management skills. You will be expected to work effectively with tight deadlines, multi-task, and follow up with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Proficiency in MS Office is a MUST
- Self-motivated and results-oriented
- Engagement and management of internal and external stakeholders
- Effective negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to learn and develop project management skills
- Experience in digital programs, projects, and work packages is a plus
- Good presentation skills would be an asset
Please reply with the expected salary range and be prepared to complete a series of basic skills tests as part of the initial interview process.
*Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Additional Job Postings