Amico Corporation is a global company and leading manufacturer of Medical Equipment with 8 manufacturing facilities employing over 900 people across North America. We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Purchasing Manager to join our dynamic team.
Overseeing a team of 6-7 direct reports, the role of Purchasing Manager encompasses purchase planning, supplier negotiation and management, strategic process development, employee coaching and mentorship, cost management with focus on continual improvement, reporting to and liaising with upper management. The ideal candidate will be a change agent, with proven ability to get results. Must be driven to initiate action, overcome obstacles, make progress and navigate a process or project from start to finish alone or within a team to achieve exceptional results.
- Lead the organization’s purchasing/procurement/inventory planning functions to minimize the overall costs without compromising quality or reliability of supply.
- Liaise with cross functional teams such as suppliers, production, engineering and customer service/sales to ensure goods are available to meet production requirements on time.
- Develop and evaluate planning budgets, policies, systems, procedures.
- Keep up to date on market trends and commodity impacts to identify and mitigate potential risks to material, cost, and/or quality.
- New Supplier Sourcing and Development
- Establish and maintain performance improvement measures and SLAs for vendors and employees.
- Management and mitigation of non-conforming products
- Maintain an approved vendor/supplier database.
- Assist in evaluating and negotiating complex or strategically important relationships to secure terms that are the in best interest of the organization.
- Review cost analyses from Purchasing team with Management to forecast and propose ordering plans.
- Staff recruitment, training, coaching and mentorship to team members. Drive a culture of creativity, innovation and continuous learning.
- Ensure that all direct reports are familiar with, trained in, and follow all quality system procedures related to their job.
- Monitor inventory levels and expenditures
- Prepare and present regular reports as required by Management.
- Develop strong product knowledge together with Purchasing team to better facilitate day-to-day procurement needs with vendors.
- Develop, maintain and follow Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions in compliance with ISO 13485:2016
- Perform special projects and other duties as required.
- Minimum 10 years in procurement and at least 5 years of experience managing a procurement team with offshore vendors.
- Strong organizational, coaching and leadership skills.
- Proven success in negotiating and managing supplier contracts.
- High degree of awareness for supply chain risk analysis and mitigation
- Comprehensive understanding of entire supply chain
- Possesses strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Fluency in spoken and written English & Mandarin, Cantonese is an asset.
- Experience or working knowledge in metal fabrication and manufacturing industry is preferred.
- Adept at developing and executing strategic procurement plans that align with the company's goals and objectives, including cost reduction and supply chain optimization.
- Highly analytical, logical and methodical, with experience in raw data interpretation.
- Knowledge of new technologies, platforms, very strong computer skills.
- Ability to occasionally travel domestically and internationally for work.
- High level of reliability and dedication, willing to work on emergencies during non-business hours as required.
- A dedicated and results-driven approach, with a focus on meeting and exceeding goals and deadlines.
- Working knowledge of Project Management principles and practices.
- Current knowledge of best practices for management of offshore suppliers, logistics, importing, taxes, duties, fees, etc.
- Professional Purchaser education and/or certification, and/or Bachelor of Commerce in Supply Chain Management is an asset.
Amico Corporation offers:
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Comprehensive Benefit package
- Employer Paid Vacation
- Employee Referral Program
- Flexible Work from Home Hybrid Schedule
For more information, please visit us at www.amico.com.
Additional Job Postings