Amico Interiors, the newest and fastest growing division of the Amico Group of companies, is looking for a Junior Design Engineer. We design and manufacture custom, hospital-grade Casework and Interior finishes. Our NuLook product is changing how hospitals renovate their patient rooms and is the first of many revolutionary new products that are fueling our growth.
Amico is a global equipment company and an industry leader in the medical construction market. We are currently involved in most of the major hospital projects around the globe; in the GTA we are working on such projects as Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital, St. Michael’s Hospital New In-patient Tower, Joseph Brant Hospital, New Oakville Hospital, Mount Sinai, Women’s College Hospital and several more.
You will work as a member of a highly energetic, fast-paced engineering team of which you will be a valuable member, whose ideas and talents will help to shape the organization as we grow. With over 300% growth last year and an expanding product offering, we have a need for highly motivated individuals who want to grow with an organization which is dedicated to its people.
The successful candidate will have a background in engineering, proven experience in product and component design with a knack for thinking outside-of-the-box to solve design problems. Experience with AutoCAD and Autodesk Inventor (or other 3D CAD Software), with some experience in a manufacturing environment is considered an asset.
What will you be doing?
- Brainstorming new design ideas to solve engineering and manufacturing problems
- Preparing drawings and solid 3D models for prototype designs or design modifications suitable for converting to production drawings
- Creating finite element models of new or existing designs for use in stress analysis
- Generating structural analysis reports for new designs or design modifications
- Overseeing the fabrication of prototype parts and/or components for testing, manufactured on the production floor
- Assemble and/or assist with assembly of parts for first article verification and testing
- Evaluate mechanical performance of designs using predetermined parameters
What do you bring to the role?
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Civil or Industrial Engineering is required
- 1-5 years related experience in design, either in a work environment or on an academic design team
- Fabrication experience with casework/cabinetry and aluminum framing extrusions is desirable
- Proven leadership experience managing both technical and non-technical people
- Work experience in a manufacturing industry is considered an asset
- Highly creative mindset coupled with strong engineering principles, including high level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts
- Exceptional communication skills, both spoken and written English
- High energy and an enthusiasm for working within a supportive team
- Ability to adapt and learn in a fast-paced environment
If you are interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.